Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Graham at Seven Months

Well that month flew by! Holy Poop! So much has happened in a month too - I have a lot to share.

Graham is just thriving! He's hit more milestones and it babbling non stop! My goodness - time is just flying by so fast.

 
I don't have height or weight yet - I will update after we get back from his check up!
 
UPDATE:
 
Height: 28.25 inches (no change)
Weight: 20 lbs even (Up a pound and a bit since last month)


Sleeping:

Graham is getting better at sleeping. YAY! We have established a nighttime routine that is working for us at the moment. We all have dinner, and then the boys get a bath between 7:00 - 7:30. Chris does that bathing. After that, teeth are brushed and Graham and I go lay down to nurse. I pretty much nurse him to sleep, but for the past week I have been nursing him till he is drowsy and then Chris takes over. He goes in and rocks him to sleep and then Graham is put into his playpen in our room. He goes about three hours before he wakes and is hungry again. At that point I usually go to sleep too. We are still bed sharing and will continue to do so.

Graham still wakes 3-4 times a night to nurse, and it's not comfort nursing. He is actually eating. While we have started solids, we are doing Baby Led Solids, so he's not eating a bunch. Just tasting. I really don't mind, its so easy just to roll over and feed. He falls asleep as do I and we are both happy clams.

We all nap still, but Graham has been getting better with naps. He doesn't go down all the time by himself, but when he does Mama is happy.

Clothing:

We are still wearing some 12 month clothes, but have moved into 18 month onsies and t-shirts. I recently bought him some new rompers from Carter's and they are all 18 months. Pants are usually 12-18 months as well. All 9 -12 month clothing is now gone. So sad.

Milestones:

At 6 months we started solids! We decided to do Baby Led Solids, but at first he had a bit of a hard time with them, so I made up some purees and we got through the main first foods that way. Now he isn't to keen on purees at all and prefers whole solid food. He has had a good variety of fruits and veggies. Also some toast and yogurt. Like his big brother, he LOVES food!

Food Graham has tried:
  • Green Beans
  • Avocado
  • Peaches
  • Pears
  • Apples
  • Carrots
  • Sweet Potato/Regular Potatoes
  • Peas
  • Banana
  • Toast
  • Whole Greek Yogurt
  • Mango
We are planning to introduce Blueberries, Pumpkin and Spaghetti Squash this week. I also plan on doing some regular squash, but I'm not a huge fan of it. After we get through that, I plan to add some meat into his diet - but I need to talk to his Pedi first.

Graham in the last month has cut TWO more teeth! His top two teeth are there and my goodness, he looks sooo cute. We went through about a week of crying and irritability, but we are good now.

Graham is crawling ALL over the place. He hit six months, and took off. He is army crawling and is very quick. Along with learning how to crawl and sit up (get into a sitting position) Graham has also learned to pull himself up into a standing position. Now this scares the crap out of me. He will pull up on anything and everything he can. The couch, his crib, the ottoman etc. He looks like he wants to just let go and walk. I think we will have an early walker on our hands - but I can't be 100% sure yet. I know he wants to. He likes to chase after his big brother.


"Ah BaBaBa - Mumumum": Babbles! We have gone from cooing - to babbles. I forgot how stinking cute it is! He really loves to talk now. James loves to play along and "baaba" with him.



Breastfeeding:

While we have introduced solids, Graham is still 98% breastfed. He loves his Mama's Milk... A LOT! Nothing there has changed. He still goes every 1.5 - 2 hours between nursing sessions. I am still on demand feeding, and it's working well for us. Like I posted above, he still nurses 3-4 times a night, sometimes less, sometimes more. We did go out last week and we attempted to give him a bottle. My Mother in Law said he did just ok with it - so I think we will try to introduce a Sippy cup just for practice.

Time seems to be on warp speed. I just can't... I mean it's hard to believe my little Monkey Moo is 7 months old. It's all going to fast for me, but I am enjoying watching him grow and thrive. He is such a curious little one. Full of smiles and giggles. Cuddles and love. James just loves Graham to bits and you can see that Graham looks up to James already.

I am so blessed to have these two wonderful little guys in my life. Every day is an adventure, and I look forward to a new one every morning.
Happy Seven Months Monkey Moo!

Much love
xoxo



PhotobucketVote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!