Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chris' First Blog Review - Armor All Car Products

I was recently contacted by Armor All to see if we would like to review some of their products. At first I was hesitant - then looked into the car and thought "why not?"

I asked Chris if he would be willing to do this review as it is 'his' car, and he is the one that made it filthy. He agreed!

So, here is what he had to say:

I was sent three samples of products. I was able to use two of the three on our car. (The third one I gave to my Dad. I will be sure to put an update once I hear back). The family car is also my work vehicle. Alisha doesn't drive, so it comes with me. I work construction so things can and do get very dirty.

 Up first: Armor All  Car Cleaning Wipes:

Your car's delicate surfaces are too important to trust to a household cleaner. Get that natural, "just detailed" look with Armor All® Cleaning Wipes — from the most trusted name in quality car care. Meticulously engineered for your car's special needs, they lift away dirt and debris, revealing your car's rich, natural beauty without harming delicate automotive surfaces.
Effective cleaning in a convenient, disposable wipe
Natural, matte finish
Easily removes ground-in dirt, dust & grime
Great for the whole car (dash, vinyl, fabric, carpet, consoles, leather, and more)
Won't dry out, damage, or fade automotive surfaces
Lint-free / Won't leave greasy residue on hands 


I took some before and after photos of some of the dirtiest places. Starting with the front cup holders.



As you can see, the before picture - they were dirty. It took one wipe to clean up this mess. I did have to scrub it, but it came out great. I liked the size of the wipe, and that it didn't rip while I was cleaning.

My arm rest is another part of the car that gets very dirty. Grease, dirt, oils etc collect there and looks down right nasty. To clean it, it did take a couple of wipes, but again Armor All Clean Up Wipes took care of it and it came out spotless.

Our car's dashboard gets dusty. I've seen Alisha go at it with a wipe and it always looks better. I feel like the Armor All wipes did just an Okay job at collecting the dust. I felt like because the dash is textured dust was still trapped in the texture.

Overall, I would be willing to keep a can of the Armor All Cleaning Wipes in the car if the price was right. I'm a practical kind of guy - so to me a roll of paper towel and a bottle of fantastic would do the trick. But for convenience - Yes, I would use these wipes.

The second item up is the Carpet and Upholstery Wipes: *I couldn't find these on the website - but did find them online*

Carpet Upholstery Mini Wipes are specially formulated for cleaning spots and stains from fabric surfaces and carpets
Thicker wipe for tough stain removal

Fits into vehicle cup holder and glove compartment

Twelve wipes in each container

I really wanted to like these - but in the end I couldn't give a fantastic review on them. While they did work a little, I didn't see much of a difference. NOW - if it was a more recent spill on the front seat and I cleaned it up right away - it may have done a better job, but Alisha's seat is terrible (not her doing) and the wipes just didn't get it clean. I did however see the crap that came up from it.


There wasn't much else in the car for the upholstery wipes to clean. I will keep them in the car and see how a more recent spill cleans up with them.

I don't think I would purchase these for myself. But I am glad I got the chance to review them.

Overall, Armor All products are my go to car products. While, I didn't get a great result with one, I did get great results from the other.

And now.... back to you Alisha.

So there you have it! Chris' first blog review. Thank you for taking the time to do this for me!

Thank you Armor All for sending samples for this review.


PhotobucketVote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Please note, I was sent the above mentioned products free of charge to facilitate this review. All opinions expressed are strictly my own and may differ from others. NO monetary compensation was exchanged. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!