Friday, April 12, 2013

Planning Ahead for Our Date Night

A couple of weeks ago Chris and I got to go out for dinner with my parents without the boys. We went to the Keg and had a really good time. I missed the boys terribly even though we were only gone for maybe 3 hours. But after that I realized - I do need to get 'out' more.

I'm a SAHM (Stay at Home Mum) so my days are spent with my boys - something I wouldn't change for anything! I love being a Stay at Home Mum - but I do need adult interaction and I need to spend some time with Chris as well. Sure we curl up on the couch every night and catch up on TV shows, or we talk - or we don't....but we need to get out. Have some adult time.

So when I saw that Mumford and Sons were planning to come to Surrey, BC in May - I  thought I would surprise Chris with tickets! He's been listening to them non stop. They had kind of like a pre sale thing going on - it was an invite only at first. Then whatever didn't sell would go to the public for purchase.

I submitted my info - keeping my fingers crossed that I was chosen (there were A LOT of us who were) I waited and waited and BAM! There it was. My email saying I got the early invite to purchase tickets! YAY! I decided to call Chris anyways to ask if he really wanted to go. Silly me - I knew he would say yes - so I grabbed two tickets for us. They rest of the tickets went on sale a few days later and sold out quick! So quick that my Sister in Edmonton missed out for their show but ended up buying tickets for the Surrey show! I'm so excited about that!!

Now - I have a confession. I've only ever been to ONE other concert in my almost 26 years. Yes - just one other concert. (I have a thing with large crowds) I think I was about 15 years old and a few friends and I went to see Britney Spears when she came to Vancouver. So, I am VERY excited about this concert.

After I bought the tickets I got worried. I thought "How the heck am I going to be able to leave Graham for that long? The kid eats every hour sometimes.... shoot..." So I'm still worried about that - but I've been taking Fenugreek and pumping like a mad man. I'm only getting a couple of ounces each time but that's ok - If I have 20 bags of 2 ounces each I think I should be ok for a few hours. I'm not leaving him for the night but it will be the longest I've been away from him since birth.

So here we are - April 12th - I have more than a  month to pump and get a stash of frozen milk for Graham - I think I can do it. I hope I can do.... I CAN DO IT!!

I've said this a bunch of times now - but I am SO SO SO excited about going to this concert. Chris is equally excited and I can't wait! Hooray for date nights!


Photobucket
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!