Sunday, April 28, 2013

Our Weekend

We are home from our very short trip up to visit my parents. I love visiting them. I'm planning another trip just before the May long weekend - I think the boys and I will go up for a week or so.

Anyways, since it was a short trip we made the most of it. Last year my Mum and Dad took James and I to a little restaurant called The Hitching Post. It's located in Hedley BC - SUPER small town, but they have awesome food. We called and made a reso for 7:00 pm (past Graham's bedtime, but my Dad doesn't get home from work till 5:45 pm) so we all headed off - I was hoping that Graham would be ok for the duration of dinner.

When we got there, there wasn't a lot of people, which was great. The highchairs they had are old school... but Chris got Graham all secured and he was loving it. We ordered our food, and got through a whole dinner out with both of the boys and not one tear was shed... till it was time to go.

Now, I posted about our awful ride up - Graham again was screaming in his seat. Chris finally got him calmed down after about 10 minutes of driving. It was WAY past his bedtime, so I knew it was going to be rough on the way home. Once we got home, I got beds ready and Chris bathed the boys. Graham was so upset he continued to cry in his bath. Poor bugger.

Everyone slept really well again - and this morning I figured out why my little man has been so fussy... I spied with my little eye a top tooth cutting through! I decided for the car ride home we would give him a dose of Tylenol. He had a slight fever, and I could tell his teeth were bothering him.

We left around 12:45 and by 1:00 both boys were sleeping. Chris just drove. We didn't stop - well Chris stopped but they boys continued to sleep. We made it all the way home without any tears. Graham slept pretty much the entire 3 hour car ride. James woke up about an hour away from home but he was happy and content. I am so so so thankful that they both traveled well back home. I don't know if I could have handled another car ride from hell.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekends!

PhotobucketVote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!