Monday, April 29, 2013

Half a Year Gone By

Six months ago, we welcomed a not so little man into this world. Graham was born at home, into the loving arms of his daddy and I. He was five days 'overdue' and weighed in at 9lbs 8 oz. He was so stinkin' cute - we were in love.

That first night was rough. He didn't get squeezed through the birth canal well (I shot him out!) so we were left with a little infant who would nurse like a champ and puke shortly after. That was it for me - in out bed he would rest. Well, six months later - my not so little man is still in our bed and doesn't show any interest in moving any time soon!



Sleep Habits:

We are finally getting into a nap time routine. While I still take a nap with both the boys, Graham has been napping around 9:00 - 9:30 most days for about an hour or so. This is progress for us. He is a lot more happier after this short yet effective nap. We are still bed sharing, but things are a little different now. While I still nurse him to sleep in bed - I don't let him fall fully asleep. Once he's drowsy Chris takes over. He goes in and rocks him to sleep and then Graham sleeps in his playpen till we go to bed. Before hand he would sleep in the middle of our bed no problem - but we've hit a new milestone at an early age so this mama is being VERY careful.


Clothing:

Graham is now wearing 12-18 month sleepers and is wearing 12-24 month onsies and pants. He hasn't grown much since last month, but he seems more comfortable in this size.

Milestones:

Graham can now sit up unassisted. He loves sitting upright. James and Graham now play with the toys on their mat and I love seeing them interact like this. Graham still rolls over to him belly, and is trying to get into a sitting position but I think we have a bot more time till he can do that. This past week and weekend Graham has also shown signs of crawling. He's been getting up into a hand and knee position and rocking. He also has 'Army Crawled' a few times as well. If he sees a toy that is out of reach he does everything he can to get it. I give it maybe two weeks before this child is mobile. I'm hoping longer, but by the way its looking he's going to be moving soon! *Ok so I wrote most of this last night - so I thought I would do a small update - CHECK IT OUT!*

He's crawling!!






He is also cutting a top tooth! I just noticed it yesterday - that would be why he's been fussy and very drooly!

Breastfeeding:

Graham is still EBF - while he has had a taste of this and a taste of that - we haven't started solids yet. Now that we have hit the 6 month mark we will slowly start to introduce veggies and fruit. We are taking the Baby Led Solids approach this time around. If it doesn't work then so be it, but for now we are going to give it a shot. If you have any tips please PLEASE leave me a comment with any tips or tricks! 

Night nursing's - so I've been given some flack for this, but I don't really care. G still gets up at least 4 times a night to nurse. People have said that he's not actually hungry, its more for comfort, but when my little man latches on and gulps down mama's milk - well, don't you think he's hungry??

The past six months have flown by quicker than I ever thought they would. It's just amazing to watch your little one grow and learn new things each day. I am so truly blessed that I am able to stay at home with him and actually get to see it.

Graham,

You are becoming your own little person, and are an amazing little man. Your big brother James adores you and I know you look up to him. Mummy and Daddy are so very lucky to call you our son. We love you so much bud. Happy Half Birthday!
Much love
xoxo

PhotobucketVote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!