Friday, January 18, 2013

Three years ago....A letter to my son.


"The love I felt was instant, the bond was forever and my life as your mother started."


To my sweet and sassy Jimmy;

Today you are three! I feel like I have blinked and POOF - three years have passed.

You are such a special little boy. So smart, and funny. Caring and sensitive. Stubborn at times and very independent.

This past year you have grown so much and have flourished. You have learned to count, sing your ABC's and you know how to work Nana's iPad better than anyone. You are learning to read and can spell words out. As Forrest Gump said to Jenny "He's so smart Jenny"

You made new friends, whom you love to play with. You are a social butterfly just like your Daddy. I love that about you. So happy and carefree. Don't ever lose that bud - it will make life better.

As I sit here trying to find the right words, all I can think about, is the moment when we first met. After 15 hours of labor, and two hours of pushing, we finally got to meet - eye to eye. The love I felt was instant, the bond was forever and my life as your mother started. At that very moment, you were my everything. I was lost in you and in awe. A true mother and son bond.



Now three years later, you are a very independent little boy. Always wanting to do things by yourself. "I get my own water Mum" only asking for help when it's truly needed.

A lot happened this year - we moved, and while it took sometime for you to understand you know where home is. You stopped wearing diapers and potty learned on your own time. Now you are a champ on the potty. We are so proud of you.

When your brother was born you opened your heart to him. You love him so much and he loves you too. I can't wait to see you both grow up.

James, you are my sunshine, my light, my life. You will never know how deep my love for you goes. Everyday with you is special, and I am looking forward to watching you grow. I know you will be a great man.

Please always remember to smile, be happy, and know that I love you to the moon and back. You will always be my baby.

I love you Jimbo... Happy Birthday big guy.

Love Mummy
xoxo

PhotobucketVote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, James! I can't believe 3 years has gone by either, we're 10 days behind you! He's so so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!