Saturday, December 29, 2012

Graham at 2 months

Wow! Another month has flown by! Christmas came and went - and here we are... Graham is two months old!!

We went for our final appointment with the Midwives on December 20th, and I must say - it was bittersweet. The ladies at Sage - were AMAZING, helpful, informative and I can truly say I love each and every one of them. My birth experience was everything I hoped for and more. But it was also sad knowing that - that was it. No more babies for us.

But that's ok!

So here are some of Graham's stats (As of December 20th 2012)

Weight: 13 lbs 2 oz - that's 2 lbs in 3 weeks!
Height: 23.5 inches - 1.5 inches since birth
Head Circumference: 15.75 inches - BIG noggin'

Graham is still nursing every 1.5 - 2 hours during the day. Sometimes a lot more closer together. He really likes to cluster feed. The boy is a boobie monster! He goes about 3 - 3.5 hours a night - then is up every 1.5 - 2 hours after that. I'm used to it now. We have gone as long as 5 hours but those nights are few and far between.

We are still bed sharing - and plan to until Graham is four months old. We will then transition him to his pack and play then to his crib. It's SO much easier to nurse him at night while in bed. He nurses so much and so often that it just makes sense for us to bed share right now. Plus I love the cuddles!

I bought a Baby K'Tan a few weeks back and it has been great when Graham wants to be held- but we were also gifted a bouncer chair and Graham will sit in it for about 20 minutes at a time. He must have a full belly, and a dry diaper in order to do this. hehe. He also got a play mat for Christmas and he doesn't mind it - but again - he likes to be upright and in someones arms.

SMILE!
 
Graham loves to smile! And I must say - he is the cutest thing EVER!! Smiles started around 5 weeks and he now smiles when asked. We have a few coo's and small what I would call 'giggles' but we are still waiting for that sure fire 'giggle' from him.
 
 
Clothing/Diapers
 
SO SAD! I have now put away all my newborn and 3 month clothing. It was a very hard thing to do - knowing that I will never put those on another one of my babies. The newborn size went away 3 days after he was born - the 3 month went away last week!

Graham is now wearing some 3-6 month clothing as well as 6 month stuff. It depends on the brand but most of it is 6 months. We have also outgrown ALL our newborn diapers and he is now fitting into the one size diapers nicely. We just received our 24 GlowBugs that I won over at Formula Mom a while back. I cannot wait to see them on him.

Another great thing is his hair is growing back! G was born with a think layer of dark hair, but it started to fall out! Now it's growing back in blond and THICK! As are his eyelashes! Yay!
 
 
My little man is growing so fast! I don't want to blink as I am afraid I will miss something. He brings us so much joy and I can't imagine my life without him. I just love him so much. 




Much love
xoxo
PhotobucketVote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

2 comments:

  1. LJ is feeding the same way! he wilk stay at the boob all day if i let him. how is james adjusting? i think im havin a harder time than lil mister cuz im so used to him having ALL my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James adjusted really well... better than I thought he would I was so nervous about the whole jealously thing - but nope! The boy surprised me. He LOVES him to pieces. And G is the SAME WAY! On the boob ALL THE TIME!! I try to spend one on one time with James during the day. Like if Graham is napping we spend some time together! Hope all is going well Shana!!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!