Thursday, December 13, 2012

A couple of firsts yesterday

Yesterday my Mother in Law and myself (along with the boys) headed out just to 'get out' We decided to go do some shopping - which is something we do a lot of. It gets me and the boys out of the house and I just like to window shop.

We went to Winners, as I have been looking for a new picture frame for Graham - and they always have really nice ones. I found Jimbo's there and LOVE it. FINALLY I found one that I really liked. This was Winners number 4 for us! Yay me!




After that my Mum wanted to go out for lunch. I was hesitant - I don't think Chris and I took James to a restaurant till he was like 6 months old. I just don't feel comfortable doing it. I don't know why but I just don't. We decided to go anyways. I nursed Graham in the car before we went in - while I have no problems with people nursing in public - AT ALL - I however have never done it. EVER. Anytime we went out with James I made sure he was nice and full before we left. Sure, I will nurse if we are at a friends out no problem - it's the public nursing I never did. All that changed yesterday!

While we were waiting for our food Graham woke up and was hungry (what else is new) I did bring my cover which made things a little easier for me popped him on & he nursed away. There was an older lady sitting behind us and when she saw what I was doing she gave me a big smile. One of those "good for you" smiles. AH! It felt so great to actually nurse in public. No more shy Alisha!

We finished up eating and Mum said she needed to use the restroom before we left - she went and then James said "Mummy - I pee too" Now James has not used a public washroom yet. Every time we try he says he's "Fraid" so he holds it till we get home or just goes in his pull up. Well yesterday he did it! James used the public washroom at White Spot! SO PROUD of him!

Yesterday was a day of firsts for us! I'm not only proud of jimmy for using the restroom like a big boy - but I have to give myself a pat on the back for nursing in public. I don't know why I was so 'fraid' to do it.

Tell me, have you had any 'firsts' lately?? If so what?

Much love
xoxo
Photobucket

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!