Sunday, November 18, 2012

Meet Graham

I would like to formally introduce you to Graham Malcolm! While I know I have done my birth story, as well as James meeting him for the first time, I thought maybe you'd all like to know a little bit more about him!

Graham Malcolm was born October 29th 2012, at 4:32 pm. After 4 hours of labor, he rocketed out weighing in at 9 lbs 8 oz. & was 22 inches long.

He loves to nurse - no lie. This little boy in on the boob ALL THE TIME! While in the first couple of days he dropped half a pound, within 3 days he was back up to his birth weight and then some. At 16 days old he weighed in at 10 lbs 11 oz. Graham never fit in Newborn clothing. He went straight to 3 month clothing and is now wearing Jimbo's old 6 months clothing too. 

Chris and I knew his name would be Graham Malcolm before we even knew he was a boy! Graham was a name we both really liked. His middle name comes from Chris' Grandfather James Malcolm. (Yes, James was named after him, as well as Chris' dad)

Graham is a peeing machine! While most people say infants will go through 10 - 12 diapers a day, Graham is going through 16 - 20. He pees A LOT! Then again, when most of your day is spent nursing, there is bound to be a lot of wet diapers.

 He is starting to get into a routine. We both go to bed around 9:00 pm every night, but that doesn't mean he's sleeping at that time. We go get comfy in bed, then nurse for a while (usually an hour or so) then we sleep. He goes for about 3.5 hours and is then up again. We change his diaper, he gets nursed again and then falls asleep for another 2 - 3 hours. Repeat! At the moment he sleeps with us, or sometimes he sleeps in his playpen. I find he sleeps A LOT better in bed, by me. Plus I love the snuggles. At nine days old, Graham rolled himself over on his tummy and prefers to sleep like that or on his side. He's not a back sleeper.
 

James has been getting up EARLY every morning (5:30 - 6:00 am) Mumma does NOT like this, so James crawls into bed with us and we all sleep for a bit longer. Around 7:30 we are all up for the day. I get James breaky as well as myself some food and Graham has... well you guessed it.. a boob or two! Sometimes 3.. KIDDING!
 
Around 9:00 am he goes down for a 2 hour nap OR till he pees! My child does not like being in a wet diaper.. even if it's slightly damp. Then we all have lunch. Graham naps again for an hour or so... he likes to nap but not for long periods of time. We usually all nap together in my bed. That's what James and I used to do, so I thought we would try it out and it really is nice to nap with my boys.
 
 
I'm just realizing that ALL THESE photos so far are of him sleeping! He looks so peaceful. I do have  some 'eyes open' photos... they are just not easy to capture yet!
 

We have determined that Graham looks EXACTLY like Chris when he was a baby. (Keep and eye out for my upcoming WW post!) He looks nothing like me - the ONLY part of me I see in him is his lips. Such sweet little lips!
 
Graham is a wonderful baby. He doesn't cry too often. He will cry when he needs to be changed, fed or just wants to be held. He loves being in the Ergo, and I am hoping he likes to be in the wrap as well (once I figure out how to wear the damn thing!)
 
We are all so in love with this little man, and we are so excited to see how he grows. It's hard to believe he is almost 3 weeks old, I'll be doing his 1 month post next week!! Holy poop!
 
 
 
Much love
xoxo

Photobucket
Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!