Thursday, June 21, 2012

Home birth it is!

So on Monday I had a midwife appointment. I got to meet Jillian (one of the 4 that work with the Midwifery place) I was glad to meet another one as I would like to know all of them before the time Graham arrives!

We went over my ultrasound: Graham's head is a normal size (Which is a relief as the Duncan men have HUGE craniums hehe) She also said that he was a little ahead of schedule but that didn't really phase me as they all grow at their own rate. Jillian also said he was chubby for his gestational age - in the tummy area lol Whatever that means! My fluid levels were normal and everything looks to be right on track. Phew!

She was very happy to hear that I had gained some weight! I weighed in at 161 lbs (up 6 lbs!) Yay go me!

We also discussed about possibly birthing Graham at home. I explained that it was something that I wanted to experience - to be away from the hospital setting for birth and she was all for it! She said that with my history (with James that is) that I am a great candidate for a home birth. I have to say I was SO happy to hear that come from her mouth. I was nervous and I couldn't tell you why. So I am guessing that at subsequent appointments we will go more into detail about what is expected and all the details.

I am reading through the Home Birth Handbook and feel that this is what's best for me and Graham. Yippee!!

I go back in 5 weeks - I will be 27 weeks by then (starting of the 3rd tri - I think) Time is flying by in this pregnancy. It honestly makes me sad to know that this is it for us. For me! I love being pregnant, and I cannot wait for birth - nursing, no sleep and just to see my squishy little boy.

My boys... ahh how sweet life is.

I will get to my 22 week bump in a few days. I'm still trying to work on some reviews and a couple giveaways. We are house sitting right now so I'm not at my house but I will try to get stuff done!

OH and one more thing - WE ARE MOVING!! We just signed a year lease for a BRAND SPANKING new 3 bedroom place! It's been fully renovated and is SO gorgeous! I cannot wait for the end of July!

Much love
xoxo
 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move! Also, I'm jealous because I would be a perfect candidate for home birth, given my birth history with Braden, but we are WAY too far away from a hospital (45 minutes) to even think about that...plus no midwives in our area. In all honesty though, working in health care I think I'd probably still opt for a hospital birth with all the "what ifs" and "just in cases" involved...unless I lived next door to the hospital! But that's the nurse in me and otherwise I think home births are wonderful and I'm truly happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! It took a lot of convincing and facts and what not for Chris to be on board with this. He as well is all about the 'what if's' and 'just in cases' If we lived too far from the hospital I probably would be doing a hospital birth as well.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!