Friday, January 27, 2012

So out of shape

I've never been a real exercise girl. To be perfectly honest I hate it. While in school, it was required to take P.E. (Physical Education), I gritted my teeth and took it. But I didn't like..nope not one bit. Now there were a few things I did enjoy like Volleyball, and hockey oh and Badminton. But other than that ugh. From the ages of 10 - 17 I was in dance. Now not to typical ballet or jazz. I was in..get ready for it...

Square Dancing! Yup! And I was damn good at it too! So there was my activity for the week. Twice a week I was at dance. Wednesday's were squares and I probably danced for 4-5 hours. On Sunday's I did round dancing which is very similar to Ballroom dancing..sorta.

I told myself for this year I will get back into shape. Easy peasy right? WRONG! I didn't realize HOW out of shape I really am. I went for a run/jog/walk today and just about died 10 minutes in.

This is going to be a lot more difficult than I first thought.

I'm determined though. I will get back into shape..eventually!

Happy Friday!
Enjoy your weekend

Much love
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Alisha - Even though I teach dance, I completely feel the same way! I really, strongly DISLIKE running! I enjoy being active, but I find running and repetitive things to be unfortunately uncomfortable and make me feel totally out of shape! For Christmas I got "Just Dance 2" for our Xbox Kinect - you should come over sometime and we can work out - dance together! It gets your heart rate up and can surprisingly work your legs and your abs in new ways... Plus it's fun! If you're up for it, let me know! I'd love to have a dance partner (because we all know my hubby isn't going to join me!!) OR if you want an out of shape running partner... I can try to take that place too! If I have someone calling me to get me up to work out, I'm much more likely to keep up with it!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!