Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Year and a New Me!!

So for 2012 I was trying to think of ways to be more green. As you all know we chose to cloth diaper J and once potty learning commences we will be using the Flip Trainers. With that being said I started to research other ways to be 'GREEN' Here's what I came up with:


Unpaper towel: This would be an alternative to paper towel - So rather than paper, you would use cotton material. I've been dying to try some. I may even cave and see if I can't make my own.


Family Cloth: This one scares me..just a little. Since we cloth diaper J, we phased out disposable wipes and now exclusively use cloth wipes. So if we use cloth wipes to wipe little J's bum, why am I still buying toilet paper?? Family cloth is exactly like cloth wipes, but rather than it being just for baby, it;s for the whole family!! I never buy the cheap stuff..ever. So you can only imagine the cost over a year. I'm still on the lookout for the perfect family cloth set. So if you have any idea's please let know!

...:::UPDATE:::... - After talking to C about this - family cloth is OUT OF THE QUESTION! Any other ideas??

Mama Cloth: Again I was quite hesitant to take the plunge into mama cloth but I decided to give it a try. What is it?? Well, cloth for mama! The are cloth menstrual pads made from super nice and funky fabrics. I do have a couple of companies on board for a review and one even has offered to do a review!! So keep your eye's open for that one. You won't want to miss it.

We have already phased out plastic grocery bags and only use cloth ones, but I still use the plastic produce bags.. again, I'm still looking for a company who makes them. I may even see if my Grams knows how to make them...

Then we come to greener cleaning products. First off, the once you can buy in the store are UBER expensive.. and still stink to me. So I'm again researching for ways to use household products such as backing soda and whatnot to get things clean!! I also have my Norwex cloths which I love love LOVE!!

If any of you have any comments or suggestions please either leave them in a comment or you can email me! I am really looking forward to doing this!!

5 comments:

  1. Ugh ok I have to tell you- family cloth is pretty sick. You really wanna be cleaning your husbands shitty bum wipes. I'm all for green but that is something I would NOT do!!
    Also instead of mama cloth have you looked into the Divacup? It's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Funny that you say that caise that is EXACTLY what Chris said. I got axed on that one and now that I think about it more.. it;s probably better that way!

    I have thought of the Divacup but wasn't to sure about it. Something to look into!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for one just have to say I'm glad Chris said no to that! Also if you did family cloth would I use it at your house? So you would be cleaning up after me aswell? I think some things are better left disposable. Even momma cloth :/ not a big fan of the sounds of that either but I hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had the same thinking with family cloth... Hubby will not go for it! However, I am considering doing it just for myself... as I am the washing the cloth diapers anyway & what's throwing in a couple pieces of cloth that I used??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Generally I do not read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, very great post.
    !#: Sorel Women's Helen Of Tundra Boot... The Cheapest

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!