Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just keep Swimming

Today J had his very first swimming lesson! Ok, we are kind of late on getting him started, but it's not our fault...REALLY! We had him signed up last October but the class was cancelled due to insuffient sign up..but this time around there are enough children!


His lessons are twice a week, for 30 minutes each time. I never took any sort of swimming lessons. My mom couldn't afford to put all three of us (my two sisters and I) but she did take us every Sunday with my dad while growing up..so in a way we kind of had lessons...C on the other hand, did take lessons and loved them just as much as J does.


C and J went earlier...juse to see how J was going to react to the pool. He has been in the water before...and loves swimming but today he was fussy and grumpy so C thought it would be better to see how he would be. When I got there, he was laughing, and splashing and dunking himself under water.

The class started and I off they went. It was so loud that I couldn't really hear what the inscructer was saying..but C and J did as they were told and they looked like they were having a lot of fun. The other children were a lot younger than J. I think they combind the two younger classes together since J didn't take the first class.. so after these are done we have to wait till he is three to get into the next level. We hope to keep up with the pool even if there are no lessons.


His next lesson is on Thrusday... and I'm pretty sure he will be happy to go back. If he is anything like his father, J will love spedning time in the pool and when the summer comes he will want to be in lake Osoyoos!!



2 comments:

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!