Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Embarking on a new Adventure

Last night C and I went to celebrate my MIL retirement. First off, I have to say I haven't been to a party that classy before...hehe both C and I got all dressed up. It was a lot of fun.

We went downtown as the party was at my MIL work (RBC). I offered to take some picture for her as everyone else seemed to have forgotten theirs... I was happy to do. Silly me.. I forgot my other SD card and only got about 60 pictures... but nonetheless I got some great shots and some video too.

The view
We were up in the RBC town downtown on the 36th floor. What a view eh? I love the look of downtown BUT really don't like being down there too much.






They served a WONDERFUL selection of appies... mini sliders, grapes covered in cream cheese (SO GOOD) shrimp, Ahi Tuna..so many wonderful flavors... after everyone had a bite they started the speeches.

I knew once my mom got up there I would cry. And of course, she cried so I cried.. it was just so amazing to see my MIL be recognized for all the hard work she has done for the company. She worked for RBC for almost 37 years... LONG!

They ended the night with a cake.. which was again SOOO GOOD!


We left around 8:00 and headed home on the train... we were all still hungry so we headed to our local pub to grab a quick bite.

It was such a wonderful evening. My MIL is so excited to retire. I think she is most excited about being able to spend some quality time with her family...and J.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!