Friday, September 23, 2011

Not one to judge, but....

I am not one of those people who like to judge others... especially when it comes to parenting.... everyone has their own ways of doing things. But that doesn't mean I won't disagree with a parent on their 'parenting' skills.

Yesterday, I encountered a mother, with her infant (I'd say about 3 months MAX) The little girl was crying and mom grabbed a bottle. No biggie about the bottle. You have to feed your babe one way or another. Whether that be boobies or formula or boobie milk in a bottle.. I don't care.. but I DO care when I see a bottle with APPLE juice in it. Now I'm not speculating on the contents as I overheard her say, "here ya go. A baba of appies"

Seriously?? Apple juice?? The little babe started gulping it down...

I'm sorry, but I just don't agree with that in any way shape or form.. little tummies can't handle that.. and apple juice is the WORST juice you can give a child.

Anyways... I don't really know where to go with this, I just ....ugh... I'm not saying this women is a bad mother or anything but c'mon... use your damn head.


 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I think I would've said something! Apple juice has absolutely no nutritional value! That poor baby, did she look poor? Maye she couldn't afford formula and didn't bf? I can't think of any other reason to feed a baby apple juice! Harlow still doesn't get juice!! Wow. Just wow- I'm appalled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all! She looked just like you and me.. I was blown away! J NEVER get's juice... The ONLY time I have ever given him any sort of juice was grape juice cause he was sick,, and it was like 3 parts water to 1 part juice.. I'm glad we're on the same page about this.. It was very hard not to say something

    ReplyDelete
  3. follow ur blog. found you thru soleil selene's link up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. following your blog! I'm on soleil selene's link up too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bleh...I would have flipped out. I once saw a mom order a Coke at a restaurant and put it in her baby's bottle. That woman got it from everyone in the restaurant.

    New follower from Soleil Selene ;)

    www.blueeyedowl.com

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!