Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dimpleskins Bum Bum Balm

When J was first born we were using disposable diapers. He got his first diaper rash a few days after we got home from the hospital. It was never a 'bad' rash but just a consistent one. We tried everything to get rid of it. Air drying him before we put on a new diaper, Penetans 'medicated' cream as well as their 'clear' diaper cream. When he was about 3 months I decided I wanted to try cloth diapers. I thought maybe it had something to do with us using chemical filled diapers. We bought the Bummis Organic Cotton Prefold system to try and with it came a little sample tin of Bum Bum Balm from Dimpleskins.

I really wasn't keen on the prefolds, but the Bum Bum Balm was fantastic. Even after we switched back to sposies (Ugh. That was hard), I continued to use the balm. After two days... yes two days, J's rash was gone! Like totally, 100% gone. I was so very happy with this product that I immediately went out to buy a full size tin. The consistency of the first batch I got was a hard, ‘wax’ like texture. It’s took some force to really get in there to get the product. But then I realized that you really only need a little of it for it to work its magic. The first tin lasted almost three months. While other bum creams were gone in a matter of a month.

My second tin I got was totally different from my first. This one was more on the “liquid honey’ side. I was concerned that maybe something was wrong with this tin so I contacted them and they assured me that every batch is different and it was still safe to use. We eventually switched back over to cloth diapers and as of right now, Dimpleskins is the ONLY butt balm I am ever going to use. I have suggested it to all my soon to be mommies! We are still using this tin and are no way near finished it and it’s been two months.

Most bum balms in my opinion have way to much perfume in them. But Dimpleskins has just enough scent and the smell is wonderful. The combo of Lavender and Calendula makes a wonderful scent.  The tin it comes in is 100% recyclable or you can reuse it for odds and ends around the house.

If I had to rate Dimpleskins Bum Bum Balm out of 5... It would get top marks. I love this balm and will continue to use it on my next child. Thank you to a great company whose mission is to give mommies and babies, fresh, clean and all natural products.

Check out The Dimpleskins website and take a look around. All their products are made by hand with 100% Organic materials. http://www.dimpleskinsnaturals.com/ingredients.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think...even if you don't like it!